Friday 16 May 2014

Embroidery the New Rock and Roll!

Now even I'm willing to admit that this was a LONG work in progress , but it was justified! It was the first large scale piece of hand embroidery I'd done in a long time and I stupidly decided to use single strands of embroidery floss!
 
 
I worked it in one of my grandmothers large embroidery hoops, and I finished it a little while ago. the only problem is now I have no idea what to do with it? I'm thinking a nice cushion , and the other problem is I have no idea what to embroider onto the banner at the bottom? Hmmmmmmmmmm?
 
 
I'm really pleased with how it turned out and that I actually finished it. Somehow I've ended up with a nasty reputation for not always finishing projects with my family! I don't know how that happened they are works in progress! Just because they haven't progressed in two or three years doesn't mean they never will!
 
 
The design was my own , It was something I drew for a friend as a tattoo design, but they decided not to get it in the end! Ooooooh maybe embroidery is the new tattoo! All the cool design with none of the pain!
 
 
Hmmmm the offensive banner , it definitely needs to be something tattoo inspired!
 
I definitely think this will end up as a cushion, a sort of tattoo for your home! After all Embroidery is the new rock and roll! Although in a completely un rock and roll fashion I'm going to go and give this bad boy a good press!
 
Much Love
 
Frankie
 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go On Make Me Smile And Leave Me A Comment!
You can also reach me at knitwitsowls@gmail.com!
x